Please complete the Online Clinical History at One Medical Passport prior to your procedure. Remember to complete any pre-operative tests ordered by your Physician.
For your safety, please do not eat, drink or smoke anything after 1200 midnight on the night before your surgery unless instructed to do so by your Physician. This includes hard candy, gum, prescription medications and water. It is best to bathe or shower the night before and/or the morning of surgery. Teeth should be brushed but do not swallow water.
Contact your Physician if you will be unable to keep your scheduled appointment.
On the day of your surgery:
- Bring your insurance card and a photo ID, along with check or credit card to satisfy any agreed upon payment.
- You will be asked to provide the name and phone number of the person who will be driving you home.
- Do not wear jewelry or make-up.
- Have your reading glasses, hearing aids, or contacts lenses (and storage case) with you as you will be signing forms as part of the admission process.
- Children may wear their socks and pajamas and bring a favorite toy for comfort. If your child needs a bottle or sippy cup, please have one with you.
- Do not bring children who are not undergoing surgery.
- Confirm appropriate arrival time with your Physician’s office and arrive on time.
Following admission, you will be escorted to pre-op where your clinical history will be reviewed. A family member or friend may stay in pre-op with you while your nurse is preparing you for your procedure. Clothing and other personal belongings will be stored under your gurney.